Tuesday, May 12, 2015
2nd Place in the Science Fair
We almost didn't participate in the science fair because Haley is so busy that this was just "something else to do." I wasn't sold on the added value of a project like this. I was unsure how to help support her. And, since I've never participated in a science fair, I felt overwhelmed trying to figure it all out (and I would rather NOT do a thing, than to do it half-assed). But after a conversation with the Director of Hybrid School, who was/is a big proponent of the science fair, I decided to go ahead and let HALEY do it, and I'd offer support. I did want to limit her project to something that didn't require tons of time or energy from ME. So driving her around town to collect water, then running ONE analysis, in ONE sitting, seemed doable. So we did it!! And the look on her proud face when she won 2nd place, made all the "inconvenience" worth it. Congratulations baby girl!!!
Labels:
STEM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment